Best represented by the types of rentals found on Airbnb, VRBO, and Flipkey, short-term rentals have grown from a cottage industry to a multi-billion-dollar market. Although it has positively impacted many economies, without strategic ordinances and effective enforcement, this rapidly changing market can harm communities and create significant headaches for local government.
Join Ulrik Binzer & Jeffrey B. Goodman to discuss how Airbnb-style rentals impact quality of life, and how to effectively regulate, enforce, and even benefit from STRs in your jurisdiction. In this session, you’ll learn:
- Current developments in the short-term rental market today through proprietary data
- How, and why, to build a strategic ordinance that works
- Key components of an effective enforcement program
- How short-term rental enforcement can improve revenue collection
- Ulrik Binzer, General Manager of Compliance Services, Granicus
- Jeffrey Goodman, Planner