Granicus Virtual Summit: How Government Has Reimagined What’s Possible in 2020
On October 6, Granicus hosted its first-ever Virtual Summit, with more than 800 federal, state, and local government leaders who attended from across the United States. Our event recognized how governments have reimagined what’s possible in 2020, demonstrating resilience in the face of unparalleled hardship and challenges, and accelerating digital transformation efforts to ensure communities continued to receive critical information and services at a time when many government offices had closed their doors.
Like many of our past Summits, we were proud to host award-winning speakers such as Bonnie St. John, connect government leaders together to learn from one another, and deliver sessions rich with tactics and actionable takeaways. Most importantly, we took a moment to recognize the incredible impact of our customers this year – by the numbers.
- 8 billion. That’s the number of digital messages – email and SMS texts – that have been delivered through the Granicus govDelivery platform this year. It represents a dramatic 43% increase from last year and includes more than 4 billion COVID-related messages that our customers sent to connect their communities to the information and services they needed to navigate the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, locally and nationally.
- 65%. This record-breaking figure represents the engagement rate we’ve seen during the pandemic, with the highest open and click rates on government communications that we’ve ever seen. To compare, typical engagement rates with commercial email campaigns? 20%, tops.
- 25 Million. That’s the number of citizens who have joined the Granicus Subscriber Network since the pandemic began. It’s the biggest jump in new government communication opt-in citizen subscribers we’ve seen in our 15 years of reporting that stat!
- 25%. This represents the typical lift in website traffic we’ve seen across the pandemic, looking across our Granicus govAccess websites.
- 25,000. Since the pandemic began, Granicus customers have run 25,000 fully virtual civic meetings with our govMeetings products, keeping the concept of the town hall open and transparent, and providing the ability for residents to participate digitally. Many customers have told us they’ll continue powering virtual meetings in the future.
- Thousands of Services; Millions of Transactions. Finally, with the help of our govService digital services solution, our customers have designed and launched thousands of new online services – applications, forms, and permits – that result in literally millions of new online transactions and connect people to government digitally. This important work allows government operations to remain available to residents, but keeps staff safe at home, allowing them to work remotely.
With these kinds of stats, it’s clear that government officials across the spectrum – Federal, State, Local, Special District – have become trusted authorities of vital, reliable information in these moments of crisis and uncertainty – and that information is now being searched for, subscribed to and consumed – digitally.
What you do matters. The pace at which you innovate matters. The partners you choose matter. We thank you for choosing Granicus as a modernization partner to support your vital missions and help reimagine the future.
>>To learn more about this year’s virtual summit, click here to watch the event on-demand.