GovDelivery Announces 2015 Digital Strategy & Impact Award Winners
Awards Recognize Vanguards of Government Communication, Honor Effective and Innovative Digital Strategy Throughout the Public Sector
ST. PAUL, Minn. – December 9, 2015 – GovDelivery, the leading provider of cloud-based solutions enhancing the citizen experience today announced the winners of the 2015 GovDelivery Digital Strategy & Impact Awards. These leading Federal and State & Local government organizations have clearly demonstrated effective and innovative digital strategy and excellence in the key areas of promoting services, enhancing awareness and improving citizen involvement.
“As government organizations work to create better lives for their citizens and stakeholders, the leaders are using a customer-centric, digital-driven approach to promote online transactions, enhance public awareness to drive behavior change, and improve citizen involvement,” said Natalie Fedie, VP of Customer Success and Professional Services at GovDelivery. “We’re proud to honor this year’s U.S. Digital Strategy & Impact Award winners who are at the forefront of an industry-wide shift toward improving the citizen experience by enabling digital government.”
The GovDelivery Digital Strategy & Impact Awards recognize public sector organizations and individuals working to accelerate and streamline usage of online services, those who inform and engage citizens to drive changes in behavior, as well as those working to increase community contributions. All government organizations are eligible for participation and entries are reviewed by the GovDelivery Awards Committee and judged against all other nominations in the market and category. The outstanding organizations selected for recognition include:
Federal Award Winners
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), Division of Violence Prevention –Leveraged digital communications to significantly increase visibility of the VetoViolence Facebook page, increasing attention to violence-related issues in America. The digital communication through GovDelivery drove a 210% increase in Facebook shares and 75% increase in Twitter re-tweets.
- Department of Defense (DOD), Office of Warrior Care Policy – Accelerated reach and promoted services to Wounded Warriors and families through digital communications, driving more than 60,000 downloads of the DoD Compensation and Benefits Handbook, which informs wounded, ill, and injured Service Members of important benefits and services available to them.
State & Local Award Winners
- King County, Washington – Reimagined the press release using data to track which reporters are interested in specific subjects. Targeted media outreach using this information helped generate high-profile coverage for a new reduced transit fare program, leading to increased awareness and more than 16,000 registrations in the first six months.
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources – Increased daily visitorship at local camp sites by 40% by pairing digital communications with a new Outdoor Recreational open data website.
- City of Hurst, Texas – Drove economic activity by promoting city retailers through email during the holiday season. The “Shop First in Hurst” campaign drove interest to the city’s 1,000 businesses, further generating city revenue through sales tax.
Over one thousand public sector organizations use GovDelivery’s highly-secure cloud solutions every day to enhance the citizen experience for more than 100 million people. GovDelivery offers leading solutions for managing government communications, internal and external learning, and open data. The GovDelivery Network offers a unique and impactful way for public sector organizations to work together to cross promote content and increase digital reach. Organizations using GovDelivery see higher utilization of citizen services and greater citizen engagement. GovDelivery is an Actua (Nasdaq: ACTA) company.