Granicus 2018 Results Reflect Accelerating Pace of Digital Modernization at All Levels of Government
Leading provider of cloud solutions is transforming the way people connect with government
WASHINGTON, D.C. – January 24, 2019 – Granicus, a leading provider of cloud-based software solutions to the public sector, today released annual results that signal a historic year for the company. With more than 4,000 government customers committing to digital modernization in 2018, Granicus experienced record growth and provided new opportunities for governments and governmental agencies to communicate and connect with their constituents.
“Granicus’ cloud solutions are helping government organizations innovate and deliver on the promise of a digital future,” said Mark Hynes, CEO at Granicus. “Our customers are reshaping the citizen/government relationship through better service delivery, transparency and deeper citizen engagement, and we applaud the work they are doing to shape their communities.”
In addition to the more than 185 million citizens subscribed to government updates via email, text and social media via the govDelivery platform, Granicus’ government website content management solution, govAccess, serves 60 million citizens in the U.S. and Canada. More than 2.5 million people visit govAccess-powered websites each day to find information, pay bills online and more.
“Granicus solutions have empowered our city to engage with a much larger share of our citizens in the ways they prefer to be communicated, through govDelivery and our new, user-friendly govAccess website,” said Beverly Palau, Public Information Officer and Communications Coordinator for the City of Greenbelt, Maryland. “Granicus govMeetings has also dramatically reduced the workload of our City Clerk by providing us with an automated agenda management solution that effectively distributes the responsibility of agenda creation, editing and approvals among departments, boosting our efficiency.”
Granicus 2018 results highlights include:
- Year-to-date revenue has grown more than 25 percent compared to 2017
- 260 net-new customers including the Virginia Department of Medical Assistance Services, the Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Department, and the City of Milton, Georgia
- More than 400 expansion customers including Maricopa, Arizona; the Texas Legislative Council and the U.S. Department of Labor
- 1,000+ new project deployments spanning meeting automation, communications and website development including Sarasota, Florida; Victorville, California and Mesa (Arizona) Office of Economic Development
- Backed by Vista Equity Partners, Granicus acquired 3 of the leading government technology solution providers including Vision Internet (now govAccess), IQM2 (now part of govMeetings agenda management) and SouthTech Systems (now govRecords) to more deeply support innovation for Granicus clients
- Expansion of the senior leadership team to support Granicus’ continued growth including Scott MacFee as Chief Operating Officer and Susan Ganeshan as Chief Marketing Officer
- Organized the largest event for government communicators in the U.S. – the Granicus National Summit in Washington D.C., bringing together more than 1,000 attendees from all levels of government to share best practices and discuss government innovation trends shaping the citizen relationship
- Contribution of hundreds of useful resources to support the government transition to modern solutions
Granicus provides technology and services that empower government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to over 4,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. Granicus products connect more than 185 million people, creating a powerful network to enhance citizen engagement. By optimizing decision-making processes, Granicus strives to help government see better outcomes and a greater impact for the citizens they serve.