There’s no question: Digital services are here to stay. And government agencies are redefining the way they use technology to meet the evolving needs of their constituents. Residents want a modern, digital customer experience that serves the entire community. It has to be easy, efficient, and accessible 24/7. And — as a rule — it must be safe and secure.
Government Technology is hosting a special summit of CIOs, CTOs, and other state and local IT leaders. We’re gathering these technology decision-makers to share their thoughts, discuss common challenges, and provide insights about redefining the government experience for the future.
Join us on-demand for this virtual event. This free, 90-minute session will include a panel discussion with several top IT thought-leaders in the public sector, as well as an interactive roundtable conversation with you – the audience.
This summit will cover important topics such as:
- Virtualizing services: What works, what doesn’t, and what’s next
- Envisioning digital equity: Connectivity, accessibility, and inclusion
- Optimizing your high-performance team: How to manage culture change
- Improving customer service to increase trust in government
- Turning reactionary technology implementations into long-term resilient investments
This event offered participants an opportunity to exchange ideas and best practices with peers across state and local government. It was originally aired on Governing Technology. Watch the session on-demand now.