Download this virtual training session covering the digital accessibility of information and best practices to help your organization comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The pressure is mounting to implement technology that more directly connects with residents, but balancing the shift to enable all citizens – including the approximately 19 percent with disabilities – can seem insurmountable. Beyond ensuring your organization is doing right your community, being in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or Section 508 standards is daunting – especially with the threat of a fine or lawsuit for non-compliance.
At Granicus, we’re here to help you navigate accessibility guidelines. In this webinar, we will cover:
- The requirements of the ADA
- How to self-evaluate and identify both physical and operational barriers that might prevent access to public facing meeting agendas
- The aids and services needed to provide effective communication equally for all people, including those with disabilities
- How to provide accessible platforms for:
- Program registration and interactive content
- Employment applications
- Public meetings that are livestreamed or archived
- Accessible content for people with a range of disabilities including blindness, low-vison, deafness, and limited manual mobility
Geoff Ames, Executive Consultant, Meeting The Challenge Inc.
Byron Gillin, Sales Director, Granicus