Considered the “cultural and retail center of the desert communities,” Palm Desert is a vibrant, growing city rich in outdoor treasures and nestled in the Coachella Valley of Southern California. As local priorities evolve along with changing community demographics, city leadership recognized the need to engage more robustly with the public.
The city’s leaders sought a digital solution that would introduce new community engagement methods and enhance the communication balance between the quickly developing northern portion of the city and the retail and historical center in the south. Palm Desert leaders established their motivation for community engagement and defined five key goals:
- Get more people involved in key projects and programs
- Expand reach to those not traditionally participating in the civic process
- Enhance community trust and well-being while encouraging constructive dialogue
- Increase staff efficiency
- Create a central location for community stakeholders to find information on city initiatives
Once these goals were defined, leadership decided to implement EngagementHQ as the digital solution needed to bring information to residents throughout the community.