Last week, I had the honor of speaking about “Social Media and Public Health” at the Michigan Homeland Security Training Conference. It was a great event with ~3,000 state and local government public health and emergency response leaders (plus Grand Rapids, MI is an awesome town).
I thought I’d share my slides below as well as my
“13 Tips for Social Media and Public Health”:
- Know Your Audience & Goals
- Build Your Audience Before You Need It
- Promote Where People Are
- Have a Plan
- Great Regular Content
- Mobile First
- Respond Immediate & Frequent
- Create Once, Publish Everywhere (COPE)
- Leverage Your Citizens
- Dealing with Unofficial Groups
- Focus on Big Impact / Cost Effective Channels
- Rethink Service Delivery
See the original post on GovLoop.